If you intend to take a wellness coach course and pursue a career as a health and wellness coach in the United States, UK, or Ireland, then it would interest you to know that this is a rapidly growing sector in the health and wellness industry.
According to a UK-based education provider in the health and wellness industry, only about 13% of the UK population own a gym membership. This can only imply that a majority of the population needs a holistic approach when it comes to managing their health and wellbeing.
Currently, the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom has been focusing on patient empowerment in the terms of direct and personalized care requiring a long-term partnership with patients. This recent need for novel interventions and strategies to health care delivery suggests a health and wellness coach with a holistic approach at the core of their care.
It is largely recognized in the United Kingdom that health and wellness coaching offers a significant contribution both as an independent intervention and as an adjuvant service to health care delivery.
Recent studies by Precedence research have revealed that by the year 2030, the global health coach market size is projected to be worth around $US27.8 billion with a CAGR of 7%. But it is quite disheartening that a lot of healthcare professionals including nurses, psychologists, physiotherapists will keep missing out yearly on this grand opportunity because they do not know how to integrate their knowledge from school into being a professional health and wellness coach.
The reason behind this is that certain relevant skills needed to run a health and wellness coaching program are not taught in school. Moreover, having a certification from a recognized education provider in the health and wellness coaching program will give you an edge in the health and wellness coaching industry.
In this post, we will be reviewing one of the best health and wellness coach courses with a lifetime certification that you can take today to leverage your career in the healthcare industry. In doing this we will also take a deep dive into the basics of health and wellness coaching for clarity.
Table of Contents
- How To Become A Wellness Coach
- Health and Wellness Coach Course Online Review
- How The Wellness Coach Course Works
- Health and Wellness Coach Course Pros and Cons
- Why Choose IAP Career College?
- Final Words!
How To Become A Wellness Coach
Even though it is very possible to jump into a health and wellness coach career without a degree, the best career pathway to becoming a health and wellness coach is to first get a bachelor’s degree in any of the health-related courses. In fact, many employees in the UK and US require that you must have a degree before you are employed as a wellness coach.
After bagging your degree, if you want to start a career in wellness coaching professionally, you will need to take a holistic wellness coach certification course not just to earn a certificate, but to equip yourself with the core principles and techniques needed for starting and running a wellness coach business.
The following are the importance of having a certificate as a wellness coach
- A wellness coach certificate provides evidence of your expertise
- It serves as an essential credential to your resume
- It gives your clients an assurance for your professionalism
- It gives you an unbeatable competitive advantage when marketing your services
- It could increase your earnings (Based on facts from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Increases your respect as a professional
- The sense of achievement from earning your certificate will boost your overall confidence which is a plus in your practice as a health and wellness coach.
Having obtained your holistic wellness coach certification, you can decide to gain experience by looking for internship opportunities where you can apply the skills you have learned from the online wellness coach course in real-world scenarios.
Additionally, you can also choose to take an entry-level assistant position in a wellness or fitness center to acquire more experience and advance in your career.
What To Expect As A Health and Wellness Coach
As a health and wellness course, you will have an exciting, flexible and rewarding career of helping people set and attain their health goals for optimal well-being.
In your journey in this career path, you will be able to help a lot of people (clients) to take control of their habits and lifestyle with the aim of making choices that will ultimately lead to healthier outcomes. Unlike the approaches used in modern medicine, you actually use a holistic, natural approach that centers on a mind-body connection. It is also your role to help clients establish routines that will help them relax, eat better and break bad habits.
Also, as a health and wellness coach, you will partner with people to create healthy transformation goals beyond those provided in the hospitals by healthcare providers. Such body transformation programs could be yoga or healthy cooking.
You should also know that health and wellness coaching is a business, and must be managed like one. You have the liberty to choose the types of clients and wellness coaching you want to incorporate in your program and enjoy the financial benefits of being your own boss.
You could also specialize in providing wellness coaching services to different populations of your choice. For example; the elderly, baby boomers, new moms, people with weight challenges, people battling chronic illnesses, etc.
Health and wellness coaching is very lucrative. In special cases, you can get an opportunity to provide wellness coaching services for corporations at the executive level and earn as much as $100 or more hourly.
Health and Wellness Coach Course Online Review
The wellness coach certification course is a part-time online course created by the International Associations of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) that teaches the important principles and practical step-by-step approaches for wellness and coaching and how to get started in a career as a professional wellness coach.
The IAP Career college is a subdivision of Fabjob Inc. which is an award-winning organization that has been existing online since 1999 and has also been the leading publisher for career guide books on how to get started in a dream career. In their journey, they have served over half a million people who wanted to change their careers.
Courses from the IAP career college help you schedule your learning around your life. This means that you can work at your own pace, at your own best times, and from the comfort of your home since it is an online wellness coach course.
What you will learn from the online wellness coach course
In this wellness coach certification course, you will learn how to become a wellness coach, and this includes:
- What a wellness coach does and how to do wellness coaching:
- How to develop your skills to succeed as a welness coach.
- How to get hired for a job as a wellness coach
- How to start your own wellness coaching business
- How to attract clients to your wellness coaching business
How to do wellness coaching
Wellness coaching goes beyond just opening up an office downtown with a signboard and sitting down 24/7 waiting for clients who will come and tell you all their health challenges. In this health and wellness coach course, you will be learning very key details of wellness coaching like; health and nutrition management, problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, organization/time management, and communication skills.
How to develop your skills and succeed as a wellness coach
This is rated as one of the best wellness coach certification courses because not only will you learn how to do wellness coaching like a pro, you will also be learning how you can further develop the skills you have already acquired and succeed in your career as a wellness coach.
How to get hired for a job as a wellness coach
Taking an online course is not a problem for the majority of people as many can easily afford to pay for an online course. But the question is; what do you do with your holistic wellness coach certification? Do you even know the opportunities available for you as you get your certification?
In this health and wellness coach course by the IAP career college, you will learn how you can make your holistic wellness coach certification work for you as you will have access to opportunities where you can be hired and paid well as a wellness coach.
How to start your own wellness coaching business
As we mentioned earlier, wellness coaching should be handled like a business for the benefit of clients and for your own profit as their coach. Not everyone knows how to convert their skill as health professionals into a high-income business that they can use to make a decent livelihood.
This explains why many health professionals with these high-income skills rely solely on the government and already established corporations for their employment. But this will only place a limit to how much you can earn yearly coupled with the taxes.
But after taking this wellness coach course, you will be able to start your own wellness coaching business with no such limitations placed on how much you can earn.
How to attract clients to your wellness coaching business
One thing is owning a business, another is having a continuous flow of high-paying clients to your business. All these are influenced by your own personal branding of your wellness coaching business, and you will be learning the professional way of doing this after taking the health and wellness coach course.
You will also learn how to build trust and keep these clients for continuous return clients to your business.
Contents of the online wellness coach course
This wellness coach certificate course is an online learning course with suggested citations from two textbooks:
- The IAP Career College Guide To Become a Life Coach
- IAP Career College Reading Materials on How To Become a Wellness Coach
This holistic wellness coach certification course is self-directed, meaning that you have the freedom to study and complete assignments from the course at times that are most convenient for you and from the comfort of your home.
Ideally, it is recommended that you complete this wellness coach course within 6 weeks from the start of the program. But you can also choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks as your schedule permits.
This best wellness coach certification course has been designed to enable you to complete it on your own even without teaching assistance. However, if you encounter any difficult concepts, have questions, or need assistance while taking this course, you can always contact your Faculty Member who will put you through. The Faculty Member is available throughout the 6 weeks of the course.
Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person assigned to you immediately you sign up for his course. This person will help provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and give you helpful tips on how to succeed in the wellness coaching career.
Wellness Coach Course Topics
The Wellness Coach Certificate Course was created with high academic standards in mind. This ensures that as a graduate of this course, you can display your Wellness Coach Certificate which you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College with pride.
The wellness coach course is divided into 5 major sections, each covering all the aspects of wellness coaching career as discussed above;
- How to deliver wellness coaching services
- How to learn wellness coaching
- Starting your own business and
- Getting clients
Below is the list of the topics you will find on the wellness coach course:
- What is a Wellness Coach?
- The Wellness Coaching Industry
- Benefits of Being a Wellness Coach
- Wellness Coaching Specializations
- How to Deliver Wellness Coaching Services
- Establishing the Coach/Client Relationship
- Holistic Techniques for Attaining Wellness
- Developing Meal and Fitness Plans
- Helping Clients Develop Conscious Eating Habits
- Customizing Wellness Plans
- Wellness Events for Groups and Individual Clients
- How to Learn Wellness Coaching
- Getting Hands-On Wellness Coaching Experience
- Learn From Other Wellness Coaches
- Self Study
- Starting Your Own Business
- Creating a Business Plan
- Financial Matters
- Setting Your Fees
- Working with Support Staff
- Getting Clients
- Choosing Your Target Market
- Marketing Tools and Techniques
- Marketing to Corporate Clients
How The Wellness Coach Course Works
This holistic Wellness Coach Certificate Course package includes:
- You Register for the Wellness Coach Certificate Course Online
- You Get Instant access to a Faculty Member who will provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- You complete the 6 weeks training from the health and wellness coach course
- Obtain a premium membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Wellness Coaches for only $2.99 per month (Optional)
- You have instant access to Downloadable Wellness Coach Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which is printable
- You can also order your official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the IAP Career College
- You have access to the two Textbooks mentioned above: IAP Career College Reading Materials Become a Wellness Coach and IAP Career College Guide to Become a Life Coach (e-book editions).
How To Register For The Wellness Coach Course
You can only register for the Wellness Coach Course on the IAP Career College Official Website.
You need to be careful while doing your registration there have been some complaints in the past from people who took the wrong health and wellness coach courses from other websites or by visiting a cloned IAP website and they were scammed of their money without any certifications.
This website (Medarchive Magazine) is an official partner of IAP Career College. This means that we have access to the original website of the IAP Career College where you can get the Health and Wellness Coach Certification Course. And in return, we earn compensation in the form of commission for every person who gets the Wellness Coach Course from the IAP official website through any of the links on this page.
The link for the registration of this online wellness coach course is the one below.Accelerate your career by registering to get certified as a professional wellness coach at IAP Career College!
How Much Is The Wellness Coach Course Registration?
This best wellness coach certification course comes at an incredible price. Other Health and Wellness Coach Courses with certifications can course hundreds or even thousands of dollars to register. During our research, we found courses based on the old editions of the IAP Career College guides with registration fees of up to $999 and even more. But this particular holistic wellness coach certification course based on the latest principles of health and wellness coaching offer you value at a significantly lower cost due to their expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
This same online wellness coach course has been previously been offered for a registration fee of USD$297 and includes a textbook and professional membership which has a total value of almost USD$377.
NEW YEAR SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the holistic Wellness Coach Certification Course is priced at only USD$149 for this February 21, 2022 course.
Go ahead and register today for the Health and Wellness Coach Course. There is limited enrollment and the registration is currently on a first come first serve basis, but it is highly recommended that you register for the online wellness coach course to avoid being disappointed.
However, if the course is filled up, you can email the IAP Career College using the email on their official website so that you will be notified when new course date is scheduled.
Health and Wellness Coach Course Pros and Cons
We cannot write an honest review on this Health and Wellness Coach Course without reviewing the advantages and the disadvantages of taking this course. Following extensive research and after reading some of the reviews from the people who have already taken this course in the past, below are the different pros and cons we have observed from the majority of the graduates from this course.
Health and Wellness Coach Course: PROS
- This course is very affordable compared to all other holistic wellness coach certification courses and the value it offers.
- It is highly efficient, self-explanatory and accomodating
- It’s quick and easy to complete. Some persons completed theirs in just a week
- It is very flexible. You can work at your own pace without being pushed or disturbed by anyone
- The fact that you have a Faculty Member to attend to any questions you may have while taking the course is simply amazing.
- You get a printable certificate with the IAP Career College Seal at the end of the course. Something that can serve as a proof that you have taken the course.
- The course is available for anyone and everyone irrespective of country or location.
- Live chat support for all students enrolled into this course
- You get a 10% discount code when you sign up
- Your certificate is accepted worldwide
- You learn how to turn your wellness coaching career into a business. A feature that is not found in many health and wellness coach courses.
Health and Wellness Coach Course: Cons
- You need personal motivation to complete the course. The fact that the course is so flexible means that you may have no one to remind you to always take the course, and you might end up forgetting that you have something at hand.
- Most courses are in video format. May require increased effort for people who prefer reading to watching videos.
- If you lack patience, consistency and diligence, you may need to find another course. This course is for serious people only.
- It is easier to procrasinate since it’s an online course.
- Less in-person interaction. Some persons will prefer a physical lecture than online classes.
- Technological requirements. If you live in a low resource area where there may be power outages, or if you do not have a good network connection, you may experience some difficulties as it is an online course.
Why Choose IAP Career College?
There are many other options available for anyone who want to take an online wellness coach course. But out of all these options, we still recommend the International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) as the best wellness coach certification college online.
The reason is simply that they offer the finest affordable online certificate programs for dream careers, and not just for wellness coaching careers. They have trained a lot of professionals in different walks of life and career paths, and most are currently doing very well.
All the textbooks for these courses were developed by the parent company’s team of experts which is a leading online publisher of career guide books on how to get started in a dream career, with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
The IAP Career College guides have been used as textbooks for more than 10 years now, and they could be found in the career centers and library collections of many elite colleges and universities. This includes the University of Texas, the Fashion Institute of Technology as well as many numerous public libraries in cities like Vancouver and New York.
You must know that it can cost thousands of dollars to take other certification programs. Some of the career courses online we found are based on the old editions of the IAP career guides costing over $1000, but this IAP wellness coach course is just a few hundred dollars.
The IAP career guides have been featured in the media like ABC and Oprah’s newsletter and respected news sites like CNN and the Wall Street Journal.
All the career certificate courses launched by the IAP were developed to meet high academic standards ensuring that as a graduate, you can also display the certificate with pride.
Health and wellness coaching is a rapidly growing sector in the health and wellness industry. People who tap into this brand new opportunity by taking a holistic wellness coach certification course will be able to tap from the USD$27.8 billion market cap as the United States Bureau of Labor projected by the year 2030.
There is no better time to take this course and start your wellness coaching career than now. And of course, there is no better place to take this course online than the IAP Career College Official Website. We wish you happy learning and a smooth career in health and wellness coaching.Accelerate your career by registering to get certified as a professional wellness coach at IAP Career College!
Other Courses You May Like:
1 thought on “Health and Wellness Coach Course Review 2022: Is It Worth Your Money?”
That’s good to know!