Having an undergraduate degree is just not enough to keep you relevant in the job market. There is a crucial need for constant improvement and career development through courses that are relevant to your industry and life pursuit.
One such course is the Business Intelligence and Data Analyst certification course offered by the Corporate Finance Institute (CFI BIDA Certification Course).
If you are looking for a course that will give you an edge over your competitors and boost your profile in such a way that you will be a sought-after asset to top business establishments, then the CFI BIDA certification program is for you.
It is one of the best business certification programs in the industry.
However, it is not uncommon for prospective students of the BIDA certification program to carry out some research to see if the BIDA certificate is really worth it. So in this post, I will be guiding you to make an informed decision as to whether this certification program is worth investing in.
CFI BIDA Certification Reviews: Is It Worth It?
In our connected tech-driven world, businesses are collecting more data than ever in the history of mankind.
And the truth remains that these businesses desperately need an analyst who knows how to manipulate, analyze and visualize data to help them make better decisions more often.
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification course is one of the programs run by the Corporate Finance Institute; a finance school of great repute whose certificates are well-recognized globally.
Just like the CMSA Certification program, the BIDA certification course will teach you the most important skills required to advance in your career, but this time, not as a Capital Markets and Securities Analyst, but as a Business Intelligence and Data Analyst.
In the course of the BIDA certification program, you will be exposed to the most acceptable business intelligence tools and programming languages to explore, understand, and master data.
The BIDA certification program covers both Business Intelligence and Data Science in order to help you develop skills in these two areas: from data collection, data storage, data transformation, data analysis, and modeling, to data visualization.
This is a globally recognized course and will show you the best practices of common scenarios so that you can perform on real-world requirements and data sets you can practice, all you have learned in real-time.
In this course, you will be taught how to use Power BI and Tableau, the two most famous data visualization tools.
Difference between Data Analyst and Business Intelligence Analyst
For the uninitiated, there is a thin line between a Data Analyst and a Business Intelligence Analyst. Although they both work with data, the purpose and how they handle data are different.
While a data analyst is concerned with the collection, manipulation, and transformation of the data findings into understandable insights, a business intelligence analyst makes use of data in making strategic business decisions that will either lead to a profit or a loss in a business.
So in a financial establishment, the roles of the data analyst and business intelligence analyst are indispensable.
However, it is very expensive and difficult to find one person who has both the skills of a data analyst and the business intelligence analyst.
But the CFI Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification program give you this leverage.
Do you see why this course will make you priceless in your industry?
How to Become a Certified Data and Business Intelligence Analyst
To become a certified data and business intelligence analyst, all you need is to pass through the CFI business intelligence and data analyst certification course.
This course has two broad components: the certified business intelligence professional course and the certified data analyst professional course.
Once you have completed all the courses in this program, you will receive your BIDA certificate which you can use to confidently apply for any job in any of the popular financial establishments of your dreams.
BIDA Certification Reviews: Program Overview
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification Program is made up of the following:
- Over 25 courses which are made up of more than 1750 lessons
- 40 interactive exercises
- Fresh monthly courses to keep you updated with the current trends
- Additional Blockchain certification
Courses found in the Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification
There are 3 groups of courses found in the BIDA certification program.
- The Prep Courses
- The Core Courses Case Studies and
- The Elective Courses
The Prep Courses
The prep courses in the BIDA certification program are optional courses that you may choose to take or skip depending on your experience in Business Intelligence and Data Analysis.
These courses are meant to refresh your knowledge of the basics before you proceed to the core courses.
However, if I were you, I wouldn’t mind going through every single course in this program including the prep course and the electives. You will be paying for it and above all, the more knowledge you acquire from these courses, the better you stand out among other people who skipped some of the courses.
Content of the Prep Courses include:
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Data Science and Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Statistics fundamentals and
- Excel Fundamentals – Formulas for Finance
The Core Courses
This is where everything gets serious. The core courses in the CFI BIDA certification program are 14 in number. Each takes about 2.5 hours to 10 hours complete.
They cover the fundamental tools in the world of Business Intelligence, starting from Power Query, Power Business Intelligence (Power BI), Tableau, SQL, and Python.
Content of the Core Courses Include:
- Power Query Fundamentals: Here, you will be learning the fundamental knowledge of Power Query and how it could be deployed to connect, transform, and combine different datasets for better analysis. Also, how to learn and fix common errors.
- Power BI Fundamentals: In this section, you will be taught the fundamentals of Power BI and how to
- Understand data normalization
- Automate transformation of complex CSV files using Power Query
- Create interactive dashboard visual to create a clear and impressive message
- Slice your analysis by whatever time period
- Learn the essential DAX formulas like calculate and filter
- Create time data tables
- Join geo-spatial and category attributes
- Use DAX time-intelligence to easily compare periods
- Explore features to aid user navigation
- Share your dashboards with others
- Power Pivot Fundamentals: Here, you will be able to setup a business intelligence dashboard in Excel using the Power Pivot add-on. And you will be gaining skills on how to:
- Create a Power Pivot table by drawing data from several different tables
- Develop Simple Calculated Metrics with consistent formatting
- Assemble many pivot tables, charts, and dimensions into a dashboard that creates different angles of analysis
- Deploy the DAX formula language to create measures and columns
- Manipulate context to calculate more advanced metrics
- Utilize DAX advanced time intelligence to create period comparisons and KPIs
- SQL Fundamentals: Here you will be learning SQL via interactive exercises direct to a Microsoft Azure Studio database. This course will teach you how to:
- Retrieve and filter data using basic SQL syntax
- Transform data with the help of numerical, data, and text functions
- Identify strategies for constructing an unbiased sample
- Understand essential terminology related to SQL, databases, and data warehouses
- Tableau Fundamentals: This section will teach you how to create dashboards with Tableau and this also involves how to:
- Import, transform, and combine data from different tables to create a Tableau dataset
- Use basic and table calculations to turn source data into meaningful metrics
- Create common and popular visuals as well as a variety of interactive features like slicers and timelines
- Give users options of which metrics to see, or which to highlight in a given visual
- Create stunning, insightful, and interactive dashboards with simple visuals
- Use simple tricks like collapsible containers to give your dashboards a professional edge
- Dashboards and Data Visualization: You will be taught how to build custom dashboards and great presentations with data visualization techniques. This course will teach you every detail you need about the most important data visualization techniques and how to create a dashboard in Excel from scratch.
- Case Study – Financial Statements in Power BI: Here you will be exposed to scenario-based case studies to reinforce your knowledge of the Power BI fundamentals. It will teach you principles that you could use to:
- Define and propose achievable project scope
- Write an SQL query to source General Ledger Data from a database
- Build a data model using a snowflake schema in Power BI
- Build and income statement and balance sheet in Power BI
- Create financial statements in Excel using Cube Formulas
- Compare the benefits of Power BI vs Excel for Financial Analysis
- Case Study – Trading Dashboard in Tableau: This section provides yet another opportunity to practice your Tableau skills by completing his step-by-step trading dashboard case study. With this, you will be strengthening the key areas of your Tableau skills which include:
- How to create advanced visuals using candlesticks, Bollinger brands, and more
- How to develop parameters used for filtering and highlighting.
- How to order operations, which is the key to unlocking your Tableau superpowers
- Table calculations used for moving averages and rolling maximums
- Parameter Actions used for next-level dashboard interactivity
- Python Fundamentals: As the name implies you will be learning all the fundamentals of Python programming language including how to:
- Write and execute Python code to create variables, generate outputs, apply various operators, and manipulate different types of data
- Capture and transform data using Numpy and Pandas Packages
- Explore data through different statistical methods to gain a deeper understanding
- Visualize data o share insights using the Matplotlib and Seaborn packages
- Combine and apply the skills above to conduct an analysis of financial data
- Regression Analysis – Fundamentals and Practical Applications: Here you will learn how linear regression works and how to build effective linear regression models in excel and Python using real data. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Perform simple “pen and paper” regression calculations in Excel
- Apply Excel’s Regresssit plugin to solve advanced regression calculations
- Construct linear regression models in Python using both statsmodels and sklearn modules
- Explain the implicit assumptions behind linear regression
- Interpret regression outputs such as coefficients and p-values
- Recommend various regression techniques when appropriate
- Classification – Fundamentals and Practical Applications: Here you will be provided with a comprehensive overview of classification problems, solutions, and interpretations along with walkthroughs of real-world scenarios. You will also learn how to:
- Distinguish between classic techniques including their implicit assumptions and practical use-cases
- Perform simple logistic regression calculations in Excel and Regressit
- Create basic classification models in Python using statsmodels and Sklearn modules
- Evaluate and Interpret the performance of classification model outputs and parameters
- Modeling Risk with Monte Cario Simulation: Here you will learn how to quantify and model uncertainty by using Monte Carlo simulation in Python. This will teach you how you can:
- Explain the core concepts of Monte Carlo Simulation
- Use Historical observations to estimate the probability distributions of data
- Simulate many possible outcomes of uncertain variables in python
- Summarize the distribution of scenarios using confidence intervals
- Interpret the output of Monte Carlo simulation results and use it to guide important business decisions
- Loan Default Prediction with Machine Learning: With this lesson, you can combine a data set with basic machine learning skills to predict which customers are likely to default on their loans. This is a very vital asset for any loan company. You will also be trained to:
- Explain and discuss the main steps of the Machine Learning cycle
- Load and clean data into python notebook
- Use exploratory data analysis to identify variables with likely predictive power
- Use feature Engineering to transform data into a more useful format
- Build a logistic regression and random forest prediction model
- Evaluate and compare model performance using common evaluation metrics
- Professional Ethics: Ethics and morals are very important in any profession. And with the lessons in this course, you will be able to make better decisions using moral principles of integrity that constitute professional conduct.
The Elective Courses
The Elective courses in the BIDA Program are a group of 7 specialized courses that you can take after you must have completed the core courses. You are required to choose a minimum of 3 elective courses before you are eligible to take the BIDA certification exam. These courses will help you explore more complex real-world scenarios and take your knowledge to the next level.
The content of the core courses includes:
- Advanced Power BI
- Advanced Tableau – LOD Calculations
- Excel VBA for Finance
- Bayesian Thinking
- Advanced Tableau – Data Model
- Enterprise Deployment and Governance: Power BI Edition
- Advanced Excel Formulas and Functions
Summary of the Contents of the BIDA Courses:
In summary, you will be acquiring the following skill categories and must have covered the learning objectives below when you must have completed the BIDA Certification Courses:
- Data Transformation and Automation
- Data Visualization
- Data Modeling
- Predictive Analysis and
BIDA Certification Course Cost and Pricing
To complete the BIDA certification course with the Corporate Finance Institute is not as expensive as many other certification courses out there.
This CIFA BIDA course offers you what you would pay thousands of dollars to acquire from a college degree as a Business Intelligence and Data Analyst and even better as it does this while showing you real-life case studies and simulations. You will not get this from many other BIDA certification courses.
Upon this value, the program is so flexible that you could still choose from two program options; the Self Study and the Full Immersion Program.
Overview of What you will Get from Each Package; Self Study Vs Full Immersion
Self Study Course
Minus Real World Finance Tools
- All the 25 BIDATM Courses
- BIDATM Certification
- Financial Models and Templates Library
- Quizzes, Assignments, and Tests
- Excel, PPT, and PDF Files
- Digital Blockchain Verified Certificate
Full Immersion Course
Plus Real World Finance Tools
- All the Benefits in the Self-Study Package Plus
- Macabacus access
- Capital IQ Access
- Refinitiv Workspace Access
- PitchBook Access
- Vertical IQ Access
- Premium Email Support
- Model Review and Feedback
- Additional Case Studies
- Resume and Cover Letter Review
- A FREE Modeling Competition Entry ($10,000 Cash Prize and 20 Contestants will be Published)
What Next After Completing the BIDA Certification Courses?
After you must have completed the required courses for the Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certificate, you will then have to defend your knowledge by taking a BIDA Certification Exam.
In this exam, you must score a minimum of 70% in each course assessment in order to earn your BIDA certificate.
Once you have fulfilled all the above requirements, you are now qualified to become BIDA certified. And you will receive a blockchain digital certificate with your new credentials. You as well have the choice to order a physical certificate which will be mailed to your doorstep irrespective of location.
Is BIDA Certification Worth It?
After you must have completed the certified business intelligence professional course, and have aced your final exams with a minimum score of 70% in all categories, you will become a Certified Business Intelligence Professional with a deep background in Data Analysis. You will be a ‘hot cake’ in whatever office you enter with this qualification.
Here are Some of the Jobs for a Certified Business Intelligence and Data Analyst:
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst and Data Scientist
- BI Developer
- Data Visualization Analyst
BIDA Certification Salary
Business Intelligence and Data Analysis Professions are in very high demand at present times due to the increasing demand for businesses to collect, manage and analyze data from their clients and customers. As a result, businesses are willing to pay high amounts to people who have the right skill set to do this.
According to Indeed, the average salary of a Business intelligence Analyst is $79,684 per year and could go as high as $115,991 per year depending on the employing firm and location of the company. Note that this is minus the cash bonus and non-cash benefits which could go as high as $7,000 and $401,000 respectively per year.
This is way above the yearly salary of most health workers who are among the highest-paid workers in the United States.
Other Benefits of the BIDA Certification Program
Apart from the juicy opportunities awaiting you after the completion of the course, you also benefit from the following
- Constant access to BIDA professionals who will be teaching you in the course of your program. You will be learning from the best brains in the business.
- You will also gain more connections and friendships through contact with these BIDA experts
- You have good knowledge of the tools that will save you hours of time by automating data transformation
- Ability to analyze and predict financial events using complex data sets. This is an invaluable skill for trading options.
- You can as well start your own personal business including private consulting if you don’t like the traditional workspace
Final Verdict! Is CFI BIDA Certification Worth Your Money
From every possible indication, undergoing the BIDA certification program under CFI could be the best investment you will ever make in your career as a finance industry enthusiast. The course is worth every dime you spend on it.
I hope that from this BIDA Certification Review, you have been able to reach an informed decision that this course is ideal for you. Visit the website now and start your journey to becoming a Certified Business Intelligence Professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Business Analyst Become a Data Analyst?
Yes, with the CFI Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification Program, you will acquire both the skills needed as a Business analyst and a Data analyst.
What are the best certifications for data analyst?
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification is the best and one of the highest certifications a data analyst can have.
Which Certification is Best for Business Analytics?
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification is also the best and one of the highest certifications a data analyst can have.
Which is the Best Data Analyst or Business Intelligence?
Both the data analyst and the business intelligence expert play vital roles in the progress of any business, but a combination of both is unbeatable.
Can You Make 6 Figures as a Data Analyst?
Yes, Data analysts with the Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification can earn close to half a million US dollars in a year depending on the facility, their roles, and the location of the facility.
Can Business Intelligence Become a Data Analyst?
Yes, as a Certified Business Intelligence Professional, you can upgrade your certificate to become a Data Analyst as well as the Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification.
How long is the CFI Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification Program?
Each package of the CFI Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Certification Program lasts for one year, and within this time, you can complete all these courses and get your BIDA certificate or you can renew your subscription if you were unable to complete your program within one year.
Also, Read: Capital Markets and Security Analyst Certification Course Review